Cell Phone Astronomical Camera
Below I will document my conversion of a cell phone (Samsung Model: SGH-A927) to a remotely activated astronomical camera.
I bought the phone from Ebay for $13.00. I purchased the switch, a mini relay wireless switch (part # AK-220V-119) from Amazon for about $9.00.
3/9/2019
Installation of mini relay wireless switch
Push button switch removed.
To ease access to battery power, remove plastic cover with speaker (I don't need the speaker).
Solder power leads of remote switch to power pins of phone.
Remove metal shield and route wires.
Replace shield to protect and hole wires in place - I want to make sure solder pads are never pulled off from the circuit board.
Conversion completed!
Video of the remote camera in action.
3/10/19
Wooden clamp for camera support.
View 1.
View 2.
3/12/19
Bottom layer (left), middle layer and posts cut to length.
3/13/19
Bottom and middle layers stacked with posts (left) and Top layer (A)
3/16/19
All the layers glued together, drying under pressure
Finally, after a coat of black paint and few more modifications to get everything to fit together well, here's the camera in action. Yes, those are rubber bands holding the camera up against the mount - simple but effective.
Comments
Post a Comment